Thursday, February 24, 2011

Getting Started


Hello, my name is Steve and I am a motorcyclist. I have been riding for over 40 years. Starting riding in the dirt on a Honda Trail 90 in the field next to my house when I was 13, graduated to the street, and never looked back.


I'm currently riding a 2009 BMW R1200GS. This is my 7th BMW and my 4th GS. I firmly believe that the BMW GS is the best streetbike on the planet.


I do about 90% of my own maintaince and 100% of the modifications on my bike. I've learned (the hard way) that it's hard to find a good mechanic and harder still to get him to work on your bike. At this time there are only 3 BMW dealerships that I would recommend WITHOUT HESITATION to another BMW owner. I'm not saying that you cannot take your bike to another dealer and receive good service, not at all. What I'm saying is based on my experience these are the only dealerships that I will deal with given an option. They are: Iron Horse BMW in Tucson, AZ, Ozzie's BMW in Chico, CA, and San Jose BMW in San Jose, CA. These three dealerships have been around and will continue to be around for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment